Grunley Construction Company, Inc. is a full-service, award-winning construction firm with expertise in high-profile, complex projects for both public and private sector customers. Headquartered in the Washington metropolitan area, Grunley specializes in constructing new facilities as well as renovations, restorations and modernizations of large-scale commercial, institutional and government buildings. We have a staff of over 320 construction industry professionals, including architects, engineers, LEED® Accredited Professionals, historic preservation experts, project executives, project managers, superintendents, tradesmen and support staff. Our annual revenues are more than $425 million and our bonding capacity is $1 billion aggregate.
In 1955, the general contracting firm of Grunley, Walsh and Blanche, Inc. was founded by Martin Grunley, William Walsh and Thomas Blanche. In 1961, the company was renamed Grunley Walsh Construction Company, Inc. Kenneth Grunley, son of Martin Grunley, joined the firm in 1974. In 1986, Ken Grunley became a Vice President of the firm and two years later, in 1988, Grunley Construction Company, Inc. was formed. Currently, Ken Grunley serves as President and Chief Executive Officer.
- Ranked #44 on Engineering News Record's (ENR) "Top Green Contractors" in the nation (2017)
- Ranked #3 on the Washington Business Journal's (WBJ) "Largest Interior Construction Firms" (2017)
- Ranked #10 on WBJ's "Largest General Contractors" (2017)
- Ranked #34 on WBJ's "Top Private Companies" (2016)
- Ranked #43 on ENR's "Top Green Contractors" in the nation (2016)
- Ranked #18 on ENR Mid-Atlantic's "Top Contractors" (2016)
- Ranked #2 on ENR Mid-Atlantic's "Top Contractors in Washington, D.C." (2016)
- Ranked #4 on ENR Mid-Atlantic's "Top Contractors in Religious and Cultural Facilities" (2015)
- Ranked #5 on ENR Mid-Atlantic's "Top Contractors in Government Service Buildings" (2015)
- Ranked #5 on ENR Mid-Atlantic's "Top Contractors in Commercial Buildings" (2015)