Grunley Construction Company, Inc. is a full-service, award-winning construction firm with expertise in high-profile, complex projects for both public and private sector customers. Headquartered in the Washington metropolitan area, Grunley specializes in building new facilities as well as renovations, restorations and modernizations of large-scale commercial, institutional and government buildings, including offices, universities/schools, courthouses, laboratories, data centers, multi-family residential properties, performing arts centers, embassies, monuments and museums. Our annual revenues are in excess of $425 million and our bonding capacity is $1 billion aggregate.
In 1955, the general contracting firm of Grunley, Walsh and Blanche, Inc. was founded by Martin Grunley, William Walsh and Thomas Blanche. In 1961, the company was renamed Grunley Walsh Construction Company, Inc. Kenneth Grunley, son of Martin Grunley, joined the firm in 1974. In 1986, Ken Grunley became a Vice President of the firm and two years later, in 1988, Grunley Construction Company, Inc. was formed. Currently, Ken Grunley serves as Chief Executive Officer while B.H. Scott, II (Chip) serves as President.
- Ranked #11 on the Washington Business Journal's (WBJ) "Largest General Contractors in Greater DC" (2021)
- Ranked #5 on the WBJ's "Largest Interior Construction Firms" (2021)
- Ranked #51 on Engineering News-Record's (ENR) "Top Green Contractors" in the nation (2021)
- Ranked #21 on Engineering News-Record (ENR) MidAtlantic's "Top Contracting Firms" (2021)
- Ranked #39 on WBJ's "100 Largest Privately Held Companies in the DC Area" (2021)